This is a chocolatey hot drink with a bit of a kick. It uses cacao instead of cocoa because of the antioxidants. I use this cacao powder. I like to make a double batch up and enjoy it in small servings spread over 2 or 3 days. Store in the refrigerator.
It contains the antioxidants anthocyanidin and epicatechin which are flavonoids or a type of antioxidant that interferes with the development of cancer and helps lessen the buildup of plaque in your arteries.
Adjust the hot kick up or down to your liking and try different milks: skim milk, coconut and soy milk all work well. If you like a light foam-like consistency, use skim milk.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk (unsweetened vanilla almond milk is my favorite)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (no, not cocoa but cacao powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 – 2 dashes cayenne pepper (red pepper)
- pinch salt
1. In a mini-blender combine all the ingredients.
2. Blend until thoroughly mixed. Don’t try mixing by hand, the cacao is hard to blend fully.
Transfer to a mug and heat through in microwave until desired temperature.
Cacao is a less processed powder product for cocoa. Typically this is found in health food section of the grocery store. I use this cacao powder.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.