CANCER FIGHTINGPOWER PACKED EATING
Live your life fully!
Change your cancer destiny by eating foods that ramp up your body’s keen defenses so you can prevent and defeat this mysterious devil of a disease. This year, nearly 1.6 million new cases of cancer will be diagnosed and more than 1,500 people will die per day in the U.S. The sad truth is over one-third of these cancers can be prevented with what you eat by putting the body back into balance.
Don’t wait another day. We have research results that tell us powerful things you can do that are beyond the general messages like eat five fruits and vegetables, eat whole grains or cut back on meat. Changes you make right now can change the DNA in your cells and how they ward off disease within two weeks or less.
Even if you have had cancer or smoked early on or been overweight most of your life, you can turn things around. This plan brings your body back to balance, a balance that allows it to fight and stop cancer growth.
First, you did not ‘catch’ cancer. It is not like a cold that travels from person to person. You also didn’t inhale some toxic fumes that started the ucky cancer process. Also, chances are great that you didn’t inherit cancer from your parents. Only about 5 percent of cancer cases are strongly inherited from a mutation in a parent’s gene.
Cancer is an environmental disease. It comes about through an individual’s experience over the course of their entire life. Think of cancer like the errors, jams, extra blank pieces of paper, or shuffled papers that happen for a big copy center machine that is cranking out millions of copies (replicas) a day. These errors are called mutations in the world of genes and cells. There is not any way these freakish, once in a blue moon things can be stopped. Everyone has them no matter what they do.
Most the time these errors are quickly caught by your body and are corrected or cleared out of the system. Tumor crusher genes have the task of doing the dirty work cleaning things up.
Problems arise when the errors pile up and the tumor crusher genes go off on a vacation. Or sometimes there is a catastrophic breakdown and the copy machine ends up going haywire. It is this buildup of errors – either long-term or short-term that go uncorrected that lead to cancer.
This plan is meant to slow down the cancer clock so it comes as close as possible to a full halt.
CANCER POWER PACKED FIGHTING PLAN SUMMARY
Dive in and commit to following the plan three days every week. Plan your power packed eating days for those days in your week that you have a regular schedule. This way you can bring food with you that you prepared or take time at home to make your meals.
The other 4 days in your week, enjoy your leftovers and be good to yourself. These 4 days are meant to be days that if you need to, grab something on the go between choir, soccer and band practices; go to dinner with friends; catch a meal in the hotel if on travel; or whip up your famous crock pot potato soup at home and leave behind any guilt.
Following this plan for three days a week WILL build up your body’s defenses in a big way to stop and fight cancer.
I know you don’t have the time to commit to this plan every day even if you wanted to. Things come up: kids or grandkids schedule’s change; travel for work means being on the road for a couple days a week, or you have big project at work that you need to push a couple days for. And I want you to enjoy life and not add stress to it.
WHAT TO EAT
There are FOUR different subgroups of food to choose from. Select TWO servings from each subgroup to eat for three days a week.
EVERY DAY FOODS
These are foods that you want to eat at least three days a week.
There are a few foods listed to avoid. These are foods we know form cancer promoting compounds.
HOW TO EAT
Incorporate the foods you select into the dishes, meals and snacks you eat throughout your entire day while also following the HIGH ENERGY PLAN. Make sure to follow the food prep guidelines too. These are important so that you get the most fighting power out of your foods. Read more on the high energy plan.
There are three ways to integrate the power-packed foods on this plan:
- Use recipes that include the foods you selected from the plan on this site. Check the recipes section for lots of ideas.
- Modify your own recipes to include these foods you selected from the plan
- Utilize a home box meal delivery service that includes the foods you select
Cancer Fighting Full Plan
- Green pepper (organic)
- Grapes (green or red; organic if imported)
- Black and brown mustard greens
- Bok choy
- Broccoli rabe
- Brussels sprouts
- Collard greens (organic)
- Kale (organic)
- Dandelion greens
- Spinach (organic)
- Romaine lettuce
- Cooked tomato products (paste, soup, sauce, diced, whole)
- Strawberries (organic)
- Apples, with the peel (organic)
- Scallions (also known as green onions)
- Oatmeal (1/2 cup cooked)
- Mushrooms: button, white, cremini, Portobello, oyster, maitake, or reishi (or ¼ cup dried and then reconstituted)
- Soybean (edaname, soy milk, tofu; serving)
- Whole-grain bread (1 slice)
- Sprouted grain bread (1 slice)
- Brown rice (1/2 cup cooked)
- Wheat germ (1 tablespoon)
- Lentils, peas, chickpeas, (1/2 cup cooked) or ¼ cup peanuts (2 tablespoons spread)
- Barley (1/2 cup cooked)
- Bulgur (1/2 cup cooked)
- Fresh deep red tomatoes (if cherry get organic; serving)
- Almonds (1/4 cup or 2 tablespoons spread)
- Walnuts (1/4 cup)
- Turmeric powder (1/4 teaspoon – no more than 1 ½ teaspoons otherwise possible stomach upset) also part of curry powder; the most powerful compound is curcumin which is the bright-yellow pigment in turmeric
- Horseradish (1 tablespoon)
- Cilantro (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic (1 clove minced); fresh
- Fenugreek powder (1/4 teaspoon or 500 mg seeds ~ 20–25 seeds)
- Oregeno, bay leaf or marjoram (1/4 teaspoon)
- Amla which is powdered dried Indian gooseberry fruit (found in Indian spice stores; avoid taking as part of Ayurvedic herbal supplement; ¼ teaspoon)
Note: Be sure at least once a week turmeric and twice a week fresh garlic
- Vitamin D (2000 IU) in the form cholecalciferol or D3
- 1/2 tablespoon or more extra virgin olive oil non-heated or prepared with low heat
- 3 oz serving cold water fish (salmon, Atlantic mackerel, Artic char, sardines) or two omega-3 rich eggs
- Green or white tea (hot tea or cold matcha green tea in a smoothie)
- Flaxseed; freshly ground (1 tablespoon)
- Processed meats
- Red meat (and less than 10 ounces a week and only allowed on the 4 days not following basic plan)
- Processed baked items and fried foods (pastries, cookies, fries, fried foods, crackers, white bread, white pasta, chips)
- Sugary drinks (regular pop, juice and energy drinks)
- Alcohol greater than one drink females and two drinks males
This cancer fighting power packed eating plan is for informational purposes and it is not meant to be a substitute for the medical advice provided by your own physician. The information on this plan and website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the expertise and experience of Teresa Pangan, PhD, RDN. Dr. Teresa Pangan encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. Read full disclaimer.
Unfortunately I can’t guarantee that doing the things on the Cancer Fighting Plan will 100% prevent cancer. What I can guarantee is if you incorporate these foods (under a physician’s supervision if you have a health condition) into what you eat, your body will have much stronger defense systems to fight and ward off cancer with.