This recipe is ready in less than five minutes. It is perfect to whip up when cheering your favorite football team to victory. I have the ingredients on hand at all times. It is a no fuss on the table in five minutes meal. You can adjust the ingredients up or down to bring out the flavors you like. You can buy the pita chips in the store or make your own in no time.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 4-6 Servings
- 4 cloves minced garlic (let sit 10 minutes)
- 1 ½ cups jar salsa your favorite variety
- 3/4 cup store bought traditional hummus
- 4 whole wheat pita bread rounds cut into 6 triangles
- take the time to open up the pockets and split each triangle into two pieces. To save time I often just skip this step. It is fine to purchase store bought whole-wheat pita chips. They have more salt, often are fried, and to me don’t taste as great as the homemade pita chips. Look for baked on the label if you buy them.
1. Preheat over to 425’F.
2. Mince the garlic cloves. Allow them time to sit for 10 minutes
3. Combine together the salsa and hummus and minced garlic.
4. Arrange pita bread triangles on baking sheet. Bake until crisp, approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
If your family is looking at you with glazed eyes wanting food right then, you can use store-bought pita chips to save time. I often make a large batch of pita chips and freeze them so they are on hand for those days my feet hardly touch the ground.