LIVING WELLPOWER PACKED EATING
Living Well begins on the inside!
What if you could be on your feet all day without feeling tired, without having to stop and catch your breath?
What if you could live into your 80s or 90s without any major heart surgery or medications? Or endure radiation for cancer? Or hold your breath at your annual checkup afraid of hearing you now have a pre-diabetes diagnosis?
No, this isn’t where I tell you that you will have to give up dining out or have to start growing your own food. Science fortunately is able to tell us with well-done studies foods that have potent fighting power against the top age-related diseases: heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
The idea is if you could bring together the best foods for fighting disease and for boosting your energy what would it look like? And would it be feasible? Or would you need to give up your favorite foods, give up eating out with friends, give up trying new foods while you travel?
Thankfully the answer is feasible YES! And give-up NO!
And better yet – you will FEEL great, look and act ten years younger (or more), reduce doctor visits by big numbers, save thousands of dollars in medical costs, and give yourself tons more time to do what you love – make the world a better place.
LIVING WELL POWER PACKED PLAN SUMMARY
If you want to FEEL great and live great – this is the plan for you. The living well plan goes beyond absence of chronic disease. This plan turns back the clock so not only will your medical chart get rave reviews but your body will act like it is many years younger.
Commit to following the basic plan three days every week. Go for those days in your week that you have a regular schedule for. This way you can bring food with you that you prepared or take time at home to make your meals.
WHAT TO EAT
There are FOUR different subgroups of food to choose from. Select TWO servings from each subgroup to eat for three days a week.
EVERY DAY FOODS
These are foods that you want to eat at least three days a week.
There are a few foods listed to avoid. These are foods we know wreak chaos on your body’s defense systems.
HOW TO EAT
Incorporate the foods you select into the dishes, meals and snacks you eat throughout your entire day while also following the HIGH ENERGY PLAN. Make sure to follow the food prep guidelines too. These are important so that you get the most fighting power out of your foods. Read more on the high energy plan.
There are three ways to integrate the power-packed foods on this plan:
- Use recipes that include the foods you selected from the plan on this site. Check the recipes section for lots of ideas.
- Modify your own recipes to include these foods you selected from the plan
- Utilize a home box meal delivery service that includes the foods you select
Living Well Fighting Full Plan
- Acai berries
- Strawberries (organic)
- Black raspberries
- Black and brown mustard greens
- Bok choy
- Broccoli rabe
- Brussels sprouts
- Collard greens
- Dandelion greens
- Apples (organic)
- Scallions (green onions)
- Reishi mushrooms
- Walnuts (1/4 cup)
- Almonds (15)
- Black beans/Kidney beans/Chick peas
- Soybean (soybeans ½ cup, edamame 1 cup, soy milk 1 cup, tofu 4 oz)
- Whole-grain bread
- Sprouted grain bread
- Brown rice
- Wheat germ (1 tablespoon)
- Lentils, chickpeas, split peas
- 1/2 tablespoon or more extra virgin olive oil non-heated or low heat
- 3 oz serving cold water fish (salmon, Atlantic mackerel, Artic char, sardines) or two omega-3 rich eggs
- Green tea or coffee (hot tea or cold in a smoothie; green coffee hot or extract)
- 1 clove raw garlic
- Processed baked items and fried foods (pastries, cookies, fries, fried foods, crackers, white bread, white pasta, chips)
- Sugary drinks (regular pop and juice and energy drinks)
- Processed meats
- Red meat (and less than 10 ounces a week allowed on days not following basic plan)
- Alcohol greater than one drink females and two drinks males
This living well fighting power packed eating basic plan is for informational purposes and it is not meant to be a substitute for the medical advice provided by your own physician. The information on this plan and website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the expertise and experience of Teresa Pangan, PhD, RDN. Dr. Teresa Pangan encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. Read full disclaimer.
Unfortunately I can’t guarantee that doing these things will 100% stop the top chronic diseases: heart disease, cancer or diabetes. What I can guarantee is if you incorporate these foods (under a physician’s supervision if you have a health condition) into what you eat, your body will thank you and will be in a position of strength rather than operating from a weakened immune system.